Here you can view John's Pictures by category.
Back to the Maison de Stuff.
Any pictures taken outside of the UK. I love to travel, especially abroad, and try to get away as often as I can. This section includes trips around Europe - France, Italy and Belgium, as well as trips to the Far East (well, Japan).
- Venice and Florence October 2017
- Saturday 21st - Sunday 29th October 2017
A week's stay in Venice during half term week followed by a night in Florence to attend Lorenzo and Olya's wedding.
- Monaco September 2017
- Saturday 2nd - Wednesday 6th September 2017
Four nights in Monaco for some guaranteed sunny weather at the end of a mostly rather grey English summer.
- Japan June 2017
- Saturday 3rd to Sunday 11th June 2017
A couple of nights in Tokyo followed by the rest of the week in Hiroshima to see Chie and Erika at the end of their longer trip to Japan.
- Sitges May 2017
- Thursday 25th - Monday 29th May 2017
A long weekend in Sitges, near Barcelona (with a night in Paris on the way there) for Leon's 40th birthday.
- Italy October 2016
- Friday 21st - Friday 28th October 2016
A week in Italy, this time with Dad and Janie in tow, based in Turin but with jaunts out to Alba, Genova and Venice.
- New York October 2016
- Tuesday 4th - Thursday 6th October 2016
Short business trip to New York.
- Italy October 2015
- Friday 9th - Saturday 17th October 2015
A week's jaunt across Northern Italy taking in Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Vicenza, Verona, Mantova, Milan and Turin.
- Belgium and The Netherlands
- Friday 31st July - Sunday 2nd August 2015
A weekend trip to Belgium and The Netherlands while Chie's parents were over from Japan, taking in Brussels, Ghent, Antwerp and Amsterdam.
- Japan November 2014
- Saturday 1st - Saturday 15th November 2014
Two weeks in Japan in November 2014.
- Paris and Monaco
- Friday 24th - Sunday 26th October 2014
A return trip to Monaco on a bit of a whim during my weekend of freedom while the girls were in Japan.
- Italy June 2014
- Saturday 14th - Sunday 22nd June 2014
A week in Italy, taking in Genoa, Sestri Levante, the Cinque Terre, Pisa and Florence.
- Japan February 2014
- February 2014
Erika's third trip to Japan.
- Cote d'Azur August 2013
- Friday 30th August - Monday 2nd September 2013
A long weekend in Menton and Monaco on the Cote d'Azur - Erika's first time to go abroad (assuming Japan doesn't count).
- Japan May/June 2013
- Monday 20th May - Sunday 9th June 2013
Another trip to Japan.
- Japan March 2013
- March 2013
Erika's first trip to Japan, as she turned six months old, in March 2013.
- Vancouver and Portland
- Saturday 7th to Tuesday 10th July 2012
Business trip to Portland taking in Vancouver (and briefly Seattle) en route.
- Venice and Turin
- Wednesday 13th - Monday 18th June 2012
A few days in Venice, taking in Turin and Paris on the way.
- Paris and Lyon
- Friday 30th March - Monday 2nd April 2012
A long weekend in France, to meet up with Chie's cousin Satochan in Paris, and our friend Junchan in Lyon.
- Tokyo January 2012
- January 2012
A week's business trip to Tokyo.
- Japan September 2011
- Sunday 18th September - Sunday October 2nd 2011
Two weeks in Japan in late summer / early Autumn 2011.
- Channel Islands
- Sunday 17th to Saturday 23rd July 2011
A week's holiday in the Channel Islands taking in Jersey, Guernsey and Sark.
- Monday 18th - Thursday 21st April 2011
Another business trip to Zurich.
- Cote d'Azur
- Wednesday 9th - Sunday 13th March 2011
A return visit to the Cote d'Azur, by way of Paris, taking in Eze, Villefranche-sur-mer and Monaco.
- San Francisco November 2010
- Friday 12th - Thursday 18th November 2010
A week in San Francisco for work, but Chie also joined me for the first few days.
- Friday 10th - Sunday 12th September 2010
A weekend in Holland with Chie and Yuka.
- New York May 2010
- Saturday 1st - Saturday 8th May 2010
A week spent in New York on business.
- Zurich April 2010
- Sunday 18th - Wednesday 21st April 2010
Another train trip via Paris to Zurich.
- Japan New Year 2010
- Sunday 27th December 2009 - Monday 11th January 2010
Two weeks in Japan over New Year 2009/2010.
- Saturday 10th - Wednesday 14th October 2009
Four nights in Zurich for a business trip, including a touristy weekend at the start.
- Tokyo October 2009
- Friday 2nd October - Friday 9th October 2009
A week's business trip to Tokyo, and a great opportunity to meet up with lots of old friends.
- Cote d'Azur
- Saturday 27th June - Saturday 4th July 2009
A week's holiday on the French Riviera, based in Nice, including trips to Cannes, Juan-les-Pins, Eze, Ventimiglia and Monaco.
- Thursday 19th - Saturday 21st March 2009
Pictures from my company ski trip to Switzerland, including a fun night out in Zurich and a pleasant afternoon in Paris on the way back.
- Paris December 2008
- Saturday 6th - Monday 8th December 2008
A weekend in Paris to celebrate our second wedding anniversary.
- New York
- Saturday 1st - Friday 7th November 2008
A week's business trip to New York, including the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be in Times Square on the night Obama was elected president.
- Japan Spring 2008
- Saturday 15th - Monday 31st March 2008
A two-and-a-bit week trip back to Japan, to meet up with old friends and revisit our old haunts.
- Brussels and Aachen
- Saturday 19th - Monday 21st January 2008
A weekend away on the continent to visit the hot springs in Aachen, taking in Brussels on the way.
- North Wales and Dublin
- Saturday 15th - Tuesday 18th September 2007
A weekend in North Wales visiting Dad et al, followed by a trip to Dublin for a training course.
- California Spring 2007
- Monday 26th March - Wednesday 4th April 2007
Another week and a bit business trip in California, but this time with Chie in tow!
- California January 2007
- Sunday 14th January - Saturday 3rd February 2007
Three weeks in California on a business trip for my new job.
- A Week in the Dordogne
- Monday 1st - Sunday 7th January 2007
Kicking off the new year with a week down in the Dordogne visiting Mum and Keith.
- Our Wedding in Japan
- Friday 8th December 2006
Pictures from our wedding, starting with a ceremony at Miyajima's Itsukushima Shrine, followed by a reception on a cruise ship, and then a final party in the centre of Hiroshima.
- Tokyo December 2006
- December 2006
Last month of living in Tokyo!
- Tokyo November 2006
- November 2006
More pictures from life in Japan, mostly in the latter half of November, including a short trip to the Izu Peninsula.
- Monday 6th - Sunday 12th November 2006
My final business trip for that well known software company.
- Tokyo October 2006
- October 2006
The usual daily pictures from the month which marked one year of me working in Japan.
- Hiroshima September 2006
- Friday 22nd - Tuesday 26th September 2006
A few days in Hiroshima.
- Nagoya and Gifu
- Saturday 9th - Sunday 10th September 2006
An afternoon touring Gifu followed by a night out in Nagoya.
- Tokyo September 2006
- September 2006
Another month of pictures from Tokyo, including a weekend visit from Leon, Gav and Stu.
- Tokyo August 2006
- August 2006
August - mostly work, work, work, and attempts to escape from Tokyo (both physically and mentally!).
- Friday 28th - Sunday 30th July 2006
A weekend away in Nagano to escape Tokyo, and see our friend Junchan.
- Tokyo July 2006
- July 2006
More pictures from life in Tokyo, as the summer gets into full swing.
- Tokyo June 2006
- June 2006
A month in Tokyo featuring a number of attempts at the weekend to get away from the place!
- Tokyo May 2006
- Monday 8th - Wednesday 31st May 2006
Yet another monthly set of images from daily life in Tokyo.
- Hiroshima May 2006
- Wednesday 3rd - Sunday 7th May 2006
A few days spent in Hiroshima during a slew of national holidays that the Japanese call "Golden Week", in 2006.
- Tokyo April 2006
- April 2006
Pictures in Tokyo in April, complete with a good helping of the obligatory cherry blossom photos.
- Tokyo March 2006
- Friday 3rd - Tuesday 21st March 2006
Pictures taken in Tokyo in March 2006, during two and a half weeks between trips to Seattle and the UK. Includes a weekend spent with Lorenzo.
- Seattle February 2006
- Monday 20th February - Thursday 2nd March 2006
Pictures taken during the weekend break in the middle of a two week business trip to Seattle at the end of February 2006.
- Tokyo February 2006
- February 2006
Pictures in Tokyo in February 2006, including a visit to the Whisky Live exhibition, where I met such whisky celebrities as Richard Paterson and Dave Broom.
- Tokyo January 2006
- January 2006
Assorted pictures from daily life in Tokyo, at the start of the year of the dog.
- Weekend in Hiroshima
- Friday 6th - Monday 9th January 2006
A weekend in Hiroshima, visiting Chie's family as a sort of late New Year's break.
- Kamakura New Year's Day
- Sunday 1st January 2006
A New Year's Day outing to Kamakura, a town near Tokyo famous for its shrines and temples.
- December in Tokyo
- Friday 2nd - Saturday 31st December 2005
More assorted pictures from life in Tokyo, taken in December 2005.
- Saturday 3rd December 2005
A day out with Hide to go and visit Takaosan - a mountain conveniently located within short distance of Tokyo.
- November in Tokyo
- Sunday 20th - Friday 25th November 2005
Assorted pictures from daily life in Tokyo during the latter part of November 2005.
- Seattle November 2005
- Sunday 30th October - Friday 18th November 2005
A few odd pictures taken whilst on a long business trip in Seattle.
- October in Tokyo
- Friday 28th - Sunday 30th October 2005
A few pictures from a weekend out and about in the suburbs of Tokyo at the end of October 2005, including Sunday brunch with Lorenzo.
- Germany and Holland
- Wednesday 14th - Sunday 18th September 2005
A few days spent in Germany and Holland, en route between Japan and Britan, for Yee and Hauke's wedding.
- Japan 2005 Part II
- Thursday 14th July - Wednesday 14th September 2005
Pictures from my second holiday in Japan in 2005 in July/August/September.
- Seattle July 2005
- Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th July 2005
A short trip to Seattle for an interview, during which I had a brief opportunity to do a bit of sightseeing.
- Japan 2005 Part I
- Monday 2nd May - Tuesday 7th June 2005
Pictures from my first spell in Japan in May and June 2005.
- Saturday 26th - Monday 28th February 2005
A weekend trip to Paris with Yuka and Miho.
- Friday 10th - Sunday 12th December 2004
Softel's Christmas party - a weekend away in Cologne.
- Friday 10th - Sunday 12th September 2004
A weekend away in Barcelona.
- Tuesday 24th - Wednesday 25th August 2004
A couple of very random pictures from an extremely brief trip to Toulouse for a conference.
- Leon's Stag Do
- Saturday 29th - Sunday 30th May 2004
A Tale of Two Cities. Started off with food and a few drinks in London, then on to Paris for a (supposedly) all night bar and club-a-thon. Didn't quite work out exactly as planned though...
- Saturday 10th April 2004
A day trip to Dublin with Chie, Dad and Janie.
- Saturday 19th - Tuesday 22nd April 2003
Me and Chie go to visit Lorenzo in beautiful Florence (or Firenze if you're Italian) for a few days.
- Japan Christmas 2002
- Friday 20th December 2002 - Sunday January 5th 2003
My third trip to Japan, encompassing Christmas and New Year.
- Japan Spring 2002
- Sunday 28th April - Sunday 5th May 2002
My second trip to Japan. A bit less sightseeing than last time but still plenty of nice pictures.
- Thursday 19th - Tuesday 24th July 2001
My second trip to Italy to see Lorenzo.
- Saturday 5th - Sunday 6th May 2001
A short weekend trip to Paris, more or less on a whim.
- Japan Spring 2001
- Saturday 7th - Tuesday 24th April 2001
My first trip! Two and a bit weeks exploring Japan. Hundreds of pictures to see!
- A Weekend in Belgium
- Friday 9th - Sunday 11th March 2001
A weekend trip to Brugges and Antwerp.
- Thursday 20th - Tuesday 25th July 2000
Me, Chie, Rob and Kanako in La Rochelle and Orleans.
- Softel Christmas Party 1999
- Friday 10th - Saturday 11th December 1999
Two nights in Brugges for our annual Christmas party.