Here you can view John's Pictures by category.
Back to the Maison de Stuff.
Including interesting (maybe even good) pictures of scenery. Mainly by pure chance, I've managed to take some scenic photographs over the years that I'm actually very proud of. These are probably the only sets of pictures with any serious photographic merit - i.e. not just a string of drunken pictures of people messing about.
- Wassail January 2018
- Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th January 2018
A weekend jaunt to rural Herefordshire to attend the Leominster Morris Wassail in Dilwyn.
- Japan Christmas and New Year 2017
- Friday 22nd December 2017 - Wednesday 3rd January 2018
Trip to Japan over Christmas and New Year.
- Venice and Florence October 2017
- Saturday 21st - Sunday 29th October 2017
A week's stay in Venice during half term week followed by a night in Florence to attend Lorenzo and Olya's wedding.
- Monaco September 2017
- Saturday 2nd - Wednesday 6th September 2017
Four nights in Monaco for some guaranteed sunny weather at the end of a mostly rather grey English summer.
- Cornwall August 2017
- Friday 11th - Friday 18th August 2017
A big family gathering for a week's stay in Polperro in Cornwall to celebrate various milestone birthdays including belatedly my 40th.
- Burgh Island May 2017
- Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st May 2017
A quick weekend jaunt down to Devon to stay at the Burgh Island Hotel, back by way of Dartmouth (very briefly) and Starcross to say a quick hello to Dad.
- South Wales December 2016
- Thursday 29th - Saturday 31st December 2016
Two nights staying in a bunker (!) inbetween Christmas and New Year to visit family in South Wales.
- London November 2016
- November 2016
Pictures from London in November 2016 including a return visit to West Sussex, this time to tour Nutbourne Vineyard.
- Norwegian Fjords Cruise June 2015
- Saturday 13th - Saturday 20th June 2015
A week long cruise around the Norwegian Fjords.
- Italy June 2014
- Saturday 14th - Sunday 22nd June 2014
A week in Italy, taking in Genoa, Sestri Levante, the Cinque Terre, Pisa and Florence.
- Isle of Wight August 2012
- Saturday 4th - Sunday 5th August 2012
A short weekend break to the Isle of Wight, taking in Shanklin, Ventnor, Osborne House and the Isle of Wight steam railway.
- Venice and Turin
- Wednesday 13th - Monday 18th June 2012
A few days in Venice, taking in Turin and Paris on the way.
- Tokyo January 2012
- January 2012
A week's business trip to Tokyo.
- Christmas in Dartmouth
- Thursday 22nd - Wednesday 28th December 2011
A week in Dartmouth over the Christmas period with Vera, Robin and Robert.
- Grand Tour
- Monday 17th - Monday 24th October 2011
A week spent travelling around Europe by train - a few days in Zurich, a day in Milan, a weekend in Florence, and finally an afternoon in Paris.
- Channel Islands
- Sunday 17th to Saturday 23rd July 2011
A week's holiday in the Channel Islands taking in Jersey, Guernsey and Sark.
- Saturday 9th April 2011
A day out in Cambridge to coincide with a visit by Junchan and Arnaud. Including afternoon tea at the Orchard in Grantchester, a visit to King's College Chapel, a punting tour along the Cam, and dinner at the Free Press.
- Cote d'Azur
- Wednesday 9th - Sunday 13th March 2011
A return visit to the Cote d'Azur, by way of Paris, taking in Eze, Villefranche-sur-mer and Monaco.
- Friday 10th - Sunday 12th September 2010
A weekend in Holland with Chie and Yuka.
- South Wales
- Saturday 4th - Monday 6th September 2010
A weekend in South Wales visiting Vera and Robin while Chie's sister Yuka was in the UK.
- North Wales
- Friday 30th July - Monday 2nd August 2010
A weekend in North Wales visiting Dad whilst Louise, Ian and Vera were also visiting.
- Cornwall June 2010
- Saturday 19th - Saturday 26th June 2010
Pictures from a week's holiday in Cornwall in June 2010, including a day on Dartmoor at the end.
- Abergavenny May 2010
- Saturday 29th - Monday 31st May 2010
Visiting Vera and Robin in Abergavenny over the spring bank holiday weekend.
- Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th March 2010
A short weekend away in Norfolk (and a bit of Cambridgeshire) including a tour of the St. George's Distillery, an evening in historic Norwich, and a visit to the awe inspiring Ely Cathedral.
- South Wales
- Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th February 2010
A weekend in South Wales (with a foray into Herefordshire) visiting Vera and Robin.
- North Wales
- Friday 12th - Monday 15th February 2010
A weekend spent in North Wales visiting Dad in February 2010.
- Japan New Year 2010
- Sunday 27th December 2009 - Monday 11th January 2010
Two weeks in Japan over New Year 2009/2010.
- Saturday 10th - Wednesday 14th October 2009
Four nights in Zurich for a business trip, including a touristy weekend at the start.
- Tokyo October 2009
- Friday 2nd October - Friday 9th October 2009
A week's business trip to Tokyo, and a great opportunity to meet up with lots of old friends.
- Lucy and Martin's Wedding
- Saturday 22nd August 2009
Pictures from the weekend of Lucy and Martin's wedding in North Wales.
- Saturday 18th - Saturday 25th July 2009
A week's holiday in Dartmouth, kicking off with David and Lucy's wedding in Padstow.
- Cote d'Azur
- Saturday 27th June - Saturday 4th July 2009
A week's holiday on the French Riviera, based in Nice, including trips to Cannes, Juan-les-Pins, Eze, Ventimiglia and Monaco.
- The Borders
- Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd May 2009
A weekend spent visting Vera and Robin including a day out seeing black and white villages in Herefordshire.
- North Wales
- Friday 27th - Sunday 29th March 2009
A long weekend in North Wales to visit Dad, with Vera in tow.
- Thursday 19th - Saturday 21st March 2009
Pictures from my company ski trip to Switzerland, including a fun night out in Zurich and a pleasant afternoon in Paris on the way back.
- Thames and St. Paul's
- Saturday 11th October 2008
A day out starting with the "Tate to Tate" boat service along the Thames, then a look around St. Paul's, then a long meandering walk back through London.
- Abergavenny September 2008
- Saturday 20th - Monday 22nd September 2008
A weekend in Abergavenny to visit Vera and Robin, which also coincided with the Abergavenny Food Festival.
- Cookham, Marlow and Bourne End
- Saturday 13th September 2008
A day out walking in the Berkshire / Buckinghamshire countryside, near the river Thames, with some of Chie's colleagues.
- Cornwall Summer 2008
- Friday June 27th - Friday July 4th 2008
A week staying at Bar Point, near St. Mawes, on the Roseland peninsula in Cornwall.
- Sunday 13th April 2008
A daytrip to visit the charming coastal (ish) town of Rye.
- Japan Spring 2008
- Saturday 15th - Monday 31st March 2008
A two-and-a-bit week trip back to Japan, to meet up with old friends and revisit our old haunts.
- London January 2008
- January 2008
Pictures from daily life in London in January 2008.
- Edinburgh and Islay
- Saturday 1st - Saturday 8th September 2007
A week's holiday in Scotland, the first half in Edinburgh, and the second half visiting whisky distilleries on Islay.
- Seven Sisters
- Saturday 25th August 2007
A day out on the South coast, walking from Seaford to Eastbourne along the Seven Sisters.
- Chie's Family in the UK
- Friday 22nd June - Sunday 1st July 2007
Chie's family came to the UK for a week and a bit, to meet my family, and take in a few sights on the way round.
- Leeds Castle
- Sunday 10th June 2007
A daytrip to see Leeds Castle in Kent.
- A Week in the Dordogne
- Monday 1st - Sunday 7th January 2007
Kicking off the new year with a week down in the Dordogne visiting Mum and Keith.
- UK Christmas 2006
- Monday 18th - Saturday 30th December 2006
Christmas with the family back in the UK.
- Tokyo November 2006
- November 2006
More pictures from life in Japan, mostly in the latter half of November, including a short trip to the Izu Peninsula.
- Friday 28th - Sunday 30th July 2006
A weekend away in Nagano to escape Tokyo, and see our friend Junchan.
- Tokyo June 2006
- June 2006
A month in Tokyo featuring a number of attempts at the weekend to get away from the place!
- Hiroshima May 2006
- Wednesday 3rd - Sunday 7th May 2006
A few days spent in Hiroshima during a slew of national holidays that the Japanese call "Golden Week", in 2006.
- Seattle February 2006
- Monday 20th February - Thursday 2nd March 2006
Pictures taken during the weekend break in the middle of a two week business trip to Seattle at the end of February 2006.
- Kamakura New Year's Day
- Sunday 1st January 2006
A New Year's Day outing to Kamakura, a town near Tokyo famous for its shrines and temples.
- Seattle November 2005
- Sunday 30th October - Friday 18th November 2005
A few odd pictures taken whilst on a long business trip in Seattle.
- Japan 2005 Part II
- Thursday 14th July - Wednesday 14th September 2005
Pictures from my second holiday in Japan in 2005 in July/August/September.
- Britain Summer 2005
- Wednesday 8th June - Tuesday 5th July 2005
Assorted pictures from my time spent back in the UK in the summer between spells in Japan.
- Friday 8th - Sunday 10th April 2005
A weekend break at David's place in Padstow.
- Saturday 5th - Monday 7th March 2005
A weekend trip to Edinburgh including a visit to the castle, lots of scenic views, and of course a decent helping of whisky.
- Stone Henge and Salisbury
- Sunday 20th February 2005
A trip to see Stone Henge followed by a visit to the cathedral in Salisbury.
- Christmas in Wales
- Tuesday 28th December 2004 - Saturday 1st January 2005
Christmas with the family in South and North Wales.
- Clifton Hampden To Culham
- Sunday 26th September 2004
A nice Sunday afternoon's walk along the Thames (with the obligatory pub stops along the way), partly inspired by Jerome K. Jerome's Three Men in a Boat.
- Friday 21st - Saturday 22nd November 2003
Some very scenic pictures from a weekend trip to North Wales (the Llyn peninsula) to visit my Dad.
- Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th August 2003
Me and Chie go on a quick and utterly disorganised tour of Dartmoor.
- Stone Henge
- Sunday 4th May 2003
Some pictures of a well known English monument taken on a lovely spring afternoon.
- Saturday 19th - Tuesday 22nd April 2003
Me and Chie go to visit Lorenzo in beautiful Florence (or Firenze if you're Italian) for a few days.
- Japan Christmas 2002
- Friday 20th December 2002 - Sunday January 5th 2003
My third trip to Japan, encompassing Christmas and New Year.
- Bardsey from the Mainland
- Saturday 19 October 2002
A few rather pleasing views of Bardsey Island from the mainland.
- Eigg 2002
- Monday 12th - Saturday 17th August 2002
My third (and Chie's second) visit to the wonderful Isle of Eigg.
- Leon in Dorset
- Sunday 28th July 2002
A visit down to the Dorset coast to see Leon who had just come back from the Far East.
- Japan Spring 2002
- Sunday 28th April - Sunday 5th May 2002
My second trip to Japan. A bit less sightseeing than last time but still plenty of nice pictures.
- Weekend at Simon's Place
- Friday 18th and Saturday 19th January 2002
A trip down to see Simon in Dorset, including miniature singing arabs.
- New Year's Eve on Exmoor
- Monday 31st December 2001
To break the monotony of new year's eve, four of us decided to go and stay in Rob's camper van in near arctic conditions on Exmoor. Genius.
- Saturday 25th to Monday 27th August 2001
A couple of nights spent camping near the sea in lovely West Dorset.
- Eigg 2001
- Friday 27th July - Saturday 4th August 2001
My second visit to Eigg, an island in the inner hebrides.
- Thursday 19th - Tuesday 24th July 2001
My second trip to Italy to see Lorenzo.
- Barbeque by the Thames
- Saturday 14th July 2001
Me and Chie enjoying a barbeque on a summery afternoon by the side of the Thames.
- Beating the Retreat
- Thursday 7th June 2001
A few pictures from (quite unusually for me) a celebration of military marching bands...(!)
- Saturday 5th - Sunday 6th May 2001
A short weekend trip to Paris, more or less on a whim.
- Japan Spring 2001
- Saturday 7th - Tuesday 24th April 2001
My first trip! Two and a bit weeks exploring Japan. Hundreds of pictures to see!
- Regent's Park
- Sunday 28th January 2001
A walk around Regent's Park and Primrose Hill with Chie.
- Oxwich Bay
- Saturday 2nd September 2000
Pictures from a daytrip to Oxwich Bay on the Gower Peninsula, which must have been during a weekend visit to South Wales.
- Bardsey Island '2000
- Friday 4th - Tuesday 8th August 2000
Pictures from my 2000 trip to Bardsey, cut short due to the final demise of my first digital camera.
- Eigg 2000
- Saturday 3rd - Saturday 10th June 2000
My first trip to Eigg.
- Wednesday 1st to Monday 6th September 1999
A few days spent in Edinburgh with Vera, including a trip to North Berwick.
- Bardsey Island '1999
- Saturday 31st July - Saturday 7th August 1999
My trip to Bardsey Island in 1999.