Here you can view John's Pictures by category.
Back to the Maison de Stuff.
Pictures taken around Europe (other than in the UK).
- Lisbon October 2018
- Saturday October 20th - Thursday October 25th 2018
Five nights in Lisbon during half term week with Leon and family.
- Cote d'Azur September 2018
- Friday 31st August - Tuesday 4th September 2018
Our traditional end of the summer trip to the Cote d'Azur, this time one night near Nice Airport, one night in Vence, then two nights at Le Meridien in Monaco.
- Venice and Florence October 2017
- Saturday 21st - Sunday 29th October 2017
A week's stay in Venice during half term week followed by a night in Florence to attend Lorenzo and Olya's wedding.
- Monaco September 2017
- Saturday 2nd - Wednesday 6th September 2017
Four nights in Monaco for some guaranteed sunny weather at the end of a mostly rather grey English summer.
- Sitges May 2017
- Thursday 25th - Monday 29th May 2017
A long weekend in Sitges, near Barcelona (with a night in Paris on the way there) for Leon's 40th birthday.
- Lille April 2017
- Thursday 13th - Saturday 15th April 2017
A two night stay in Lille over the first half of the Easter weekend.
- Italy October 2016
- Friday 21st - Friday 28th October 2016
A week in Italy, this time with Dad and Janie in tow, based in Turin but with jaunts out to Alba, Genova and Venice.
- Italy October 2015
- Friday 9th - Saturday 17th October 2015
A week's jaunt across Northern Italy taking in Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Vicenza, Verona, Mantova, Milan and Turin.
- Belgium and The Netherlands
- Friday 31st July - Sunday 2nd August 2015
A weekend trip to Belgium and The Netherlands while Chie's parents were over from Japan, taking in Brussels, Ghent, Antwerp and Amsterdam.
- Norwegian Fjords Cruise June 2015
- Saturday 13th - Saturday 20th June 2015
A week long cruise around the Norwegian Fjords.
- Paris and Monaco
- Friday 24th - Sunday 26th October 2014
A return trip to Monaco on a bit of a whim during my weekend of freedom while the girls were in Japan.
- Nice and Monaco September 2014
- Friday 5th - Monday 8th September 2014
A long weekend in Nice and Monaco to catch a last bit of summer sun, and to celebrate Erika's birthday.
- Abergavenny July 2014
- Friday 18th - Sunday 20th July 2014
Weekend in Abergavenny to visit Vera and Robin, including a daytrip to Ledbury.
- Italy June 2014
- Saturday 14th - Sunday 22nd June 2014
A week in Italy, taking in Genoa, Sestri Levante, the Cinque Terre, Pisa and Florence.
- Cote d'Azur August 2013
- Friday 30th August - Monday 2nd September 2013
A long weekend in Menton and Monaco on the Cote d'Azur - Erika's first time to go abroad (assuming Japan doesn't count).
- Venice and Turin
- Wednesday 13th - Monday 18th June 2012
A few days in Venice, taking in Turin and Paris on the way.
- Paris and Lyon
- Friday 30th March - Monday 2nd April 2012
A long weekend in France, to meet up with Chie's cousin Satochan in Paris, and our friend Junchan in Lyon.
- Grand Tour
- Monday 17th - Monday 24th October 2011
A week spent travelling around Europe by train - a few days in Zurich, a day in Milan, a weekend in Florence, and finally an afternoon in Paris.
- Monday 18th - Thursday 21st April 2011
Another business trip to Zurich.
- Cote d'Azur
- Wednesday 9th - Sunday 13th March 2011
A return visit to the Cote d'Azur, by way of Paris, taking in Eze, Villefranche-sur-mer and Monaco.
- Friday 10th - Sunday 12th September 2010
A weekend in Holland with Chie and Yuka.
- Zurich April 2010
- Sunday 18th - Wednesday 21st April 2010
Another train trip via Paris to Zurich.
- Saturday 10th - Wednesday 14th October 2009
Four nights in Zurich for a business trip, including a touristy weekend at the start.
- Cote d'Azur
- Saturday 27th June - Saturday 4th July 2009
A week's holiday on the French Riviera, based in Nice, including trips to Cannes, Juan-les-Pins, Eze, Ventimiglia and Monaco.
- Thursday 19th - Saturday 21st March 2009
Pictures from my company ski trip to Switzerland, including a fun night out in Zurich and a pleasant afternoon in Paris on the way back.
- Paris December 2008
- Saturday 6th - Monday 8th December 2008
A weekend in Paris to celebrate our second wedding anniversary.
- Brussels and Aachen
- Saturday 19th - Monday 21st January 2008
A weekend away on the continent to visit the hot springs in Aachen, taking in Brussels on the way.
- North Wales and Dublin
- Saturday 15th - Tuesday 18th September 2007
A weekend in North Wales visiting Dad et al, followed by a trip to Dublin for a training course.
- A Week in the Dordogne
- Monday 1st - Sunday 7th January 2007
Kicking off the new year with a week down in the Dordogne visiting Mum and Keith.
- Germany and Holland
- Wednesday 14th - Sunday 18th September 2005
A few days spent in Germany and Holland, en route between Japan and Britan, for Yee and Hauke's wedding.
- Saturday 26th - Monday 28th February 2005
A weekend trip to Paris with Yuka and Miho.
- Friday 10th - Sunday 12th December 2004
Softel's Christmas party - a weekend away in Cologne.
- Friday 10th - Sunday 12th September 2004
A weekend away in Barcelona.
- Tuesday 24th - Wednesday 25th August 2004
A couple of very random pictures from an extremely brief trip to Toulouse for a conference.
- Leon's Stag Do
- Saturday 29th - Sunday 30th May 2004
A Tale of Two Cities. Started off with food and a few drinks in London, then on to Paris for a (supposedly) all night bar and club-a-thon. Didn't quite work out exactly as planned though...
- Saturday 10th April 2004
A day trip to Dublin with Chie, Dad and Janie.
- Saturday 19th - Tuesday 22nd April 2003
Me and Chie go to visit Lorenzo in beautiful Florence (or Firenze if you're Italian) for a few days.
- Thursday 19th - Tuesday 24th July 2001
My second trip to Italy to see Lorenzo.
- Saturday 5th - Sunday 6th May 2001
A short weekend trip to Paris, more or less on a whim.
- A Weekend in Belgium
- Friday 9th - Sunday 11th March 2001
A weekend trip to Brugges and Antwerp.
- Thursday 20th - Tuesday 25th July 2000
Me, Chie, Rob and Kanako in La Rochelle and Orleans.
- Softel Christmas Party 1999
- Friday 10th - Saturday 11th December 1999
Two nights in Brugges for our annual Christmas party.