Here you can view John's Pictures by category.
Back to the Maison de Stuff.
A large part of my family live in Wales - originally all in the South East, but my Dad moved a few years back to the North West. So naturally I've made many visits over the years, and I hope I can demonstrate what a scenic and lovely part of the world this is through these pictures.
- Herefordshire Easter 2018
- Friday 30th March - Monday 2nd April 2018
A three night stay over the Easter weekend in a cottage by the river Monnow in Clodock, Herefordshire, with forays over the border into Wales to visit family.
- Abergavenny December 2017
- Friday 8th - Sunday 10th December 2017
Pre-Christmas visit to Abergavenny to see Vera and Robin. Surprisingly it snowed!
- Abergavenny March 2017
- March 2017
A weekend in Abergavenny to see Vera and Robin.
- South Wales December 2016
- Thursday 29th - Saturday 31st December 2016
Two nights staying in a bunker (!) inbetween Christmas and New Year to visit family in South Wales.
- South Wales December 2015
- Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th December 2015
Weekend visit to South Wales to see Vera, Robin, Louise, Bec, Dave and Jessica.
- Abergavenny July 2014
- Friday 18th - Sunday 20th July 2014
Weekend in Abergavenny to visit Vera and Robin, including a daytrip to Ledbury.
- Abergavenny April 2014
- April 2014
Short weekend trip to Abergavenny to see Vera and Robin.
- South Wales November 2012
- Saturday 17th - Monday 19th November 2012
We took Erika to Abergavenny to meet Vera, Robin, Ian, Louise, Bec, Dave and baby Jessica.
- Abergavenny June 2012
- Saturday 30th June - Sunday July 1st 2012
Weekend in Abergavenny at the end of June / beginning of July.
- Saturday 10th - Sunday 11th September 2011
A short weekend trip to Chepstow to visit Louise, Ian and Vera (while Robin was away in Vienna).
- South Wales July 2011
- Saturday 30th - Sunday 31st July 2011
A weekend in South Wales to visit Vera and Robin at the end of July.
- North Wales
- Saturday 30th April - Monday 2nd May 2011
Weekend in North Wales over the May bank holiday weekend.
- South Wales March 2011
- Friday 4th - Sunday 6th March 2011
Another visit to see Vera and Robin in South Wales including another foray into Herefordshire.
- Christmas in Wales 2010
- Friday 24th - Friday 31st December 2010
A week in Wales visiting family over the Christmas period, both South and North.
- South Wales
- Saturday 4th - Monday 6th September 2010
A weekend in South Wales visiting Vera and Robin while Chie's sister Yuka was in the UK.
- North Wales
- Friday 30th July - Monday 2nd August 2010
A weekend in North Wales visiting Dad whilst Louise, Ian and Vera were also visiting.
- Abergavenny May 2010
- Saturday 29th - Monday 31st May 2010
Visiting Vera and Robin in Abergavenny over the spring bank holiday weekend.
- South Wales
- Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th February 2010
A weekend in South Wales (with a foray into Herefordshire) visiting Vera and Robin.
- North Wales
- Friday 12th - Monday 15th February 2010
A weekend spent in North Wales visiting Dad in February 2010.
- Lucy and Martin's Wedding
- Saturday 22nd August 2009
Pictures from the weekend of Lucy and Martin's wedding in North Wales.
- Vera's 90th Birthday
- Saturday 8th - Monday 10th August 2009
A weekend in Abergavenny to celebrate Vera's 90th birthday.
- The Borders
- Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd May 2009
A weekend spent visting Vera and Robin including a day out seeing black and white villages in Herefordshire.
- North Wales
- Friday 27th - Sunday 29th March 2009
A long weekend in North Wales to visit Dad, with Vera in tow.
- Abergavenny Christmas 2008
- Monday 22nd - Monday 29th December 2008
A week in Abergavenny over Christmas seeing lots of family.
- Abergavenny September 2008
- Saturday 20th - Monday 22nd September 2008
A weekend in Abergavenny to visit Vera and Robin, which also coincided with the Abergavenny Food Festival.
- Hay on Wye
- Saturday 24th May 2008
A day out in Hay on Wye with Robin and Vera.
- North Wales and Dublin
- Saturday 15th - Tuesday 18th September 2007
A weekend in North Wales visiting Dad et al, followed by a trip to Dublin for a training course.
- Chie's Family in the UK
- Friday 22nd June - Sunday 1st July 2007
Chie's family came to the UK for a week and a bit, to meet my family, and take in a few sights on the way round.
- Weekend in Abergavenny
- Saturday 2nd - Sunday 3rd June 2007
Weekend visit to see Robin and Vera, including a trip to St. Fagan's.
- Wales Easter 2007
- Thursday 5th - Monday 9th April 2007
A visit to North and South Wales over the Easter weekend.
- UK Christmas 2006
- Monday 18th - Saturday 30th December 2006
Christmas with the family back in the UK.
- UK March 2006
- Tuesday 21st - Friday 31st March 2006
Pictures from mine and Chie's trip back to the UK in March 2006, to attend Rob and Kate's wedding, and also visit friends and family.
- Britain Autumn 2005
- Monday 19th September - Thursday 20th October 2005
A trip to Britain to visit the family in Autumn 2005.
- Britain Summer 2005
- Wednesday 8th June - Tuesday 5th July 2005
Assorted pictures from my time spent back in the UK in the summer between spells in Japan.
- Saturday 12th - Sunday 13th March 2005
A weekend trip to see Robin and Vera in Abergavenny.
- Christmas in Wales
- Tuesday 28th December 2004 - Saturday 1st January 2005
Christmas with the family in South and North Wales.
- Friday 21st - Saturday 22nd November 2003
Some very scenic pictures from a weekend trip to North Wales (the Llyn peninsula) to visit my Dad.
- Bardsey from the Mainland
- Saturday 19 October 2002
A few rather pleasing views of Bardsey Island from the mainland.
- Dad's Ordination
- Saturday 22nd September 2001
The day my Dad became Reverend Dad. Featuring Rowan Williams, now the Archbishop of Canterbury.
- Christmas and New Year with Yoko-san and Yuka-chan
- Saturday 23rd December 2000 to Monday 1st January 2001
Chie's Mum and Sister came to stay in the UK over Christmas and New Year.
- Oxwich Bay
- Saturday 2nd September 2000
Pictures from a daytrip to Oxwich Bay on the Gower Peninsula, which must have been during a weekend visit to South Wales.
- Bardsey Island '2000
- Friday 4th - Tuesday 8th August 2000
Pictures from my 2000 trip to Bardsey, cut short due to the final demise of my first digital camera.
- Cherry Tree December 1999
- Monday 27th December 1999
An evening in the Cherry Tree in Tintern, one of my favourite pubs of all time, now sadly long gone. Just a few days before the end of the Millenium!
- Bardsey Island '1999
- Saturday 31st July - Saturday 7th August 1999
My trip to Bardsey Island in 1999.
- New Camera and Moving into Donnington Road
- Tuesday 13th July 1999
The day I bought my first ever digital camera. It was in an electronics shop in Monmouth - probably a Dixons - while I was staying there with Vera. Also Dad drove me and my stuff to Reading to move into the new shared house I was going to be living in, in Donnington Road.