Dr John Hawkins
Welcome to my bit of the Maison de Stuff,
home to a huge load of pictures,
and my daily blog.
My email address is as above - I've put it in an image in a vein attempt to reduce the amount of spam I get.
- John's Journal / Blog
- John's Pictures
Main Index (text only)
- John's Travel
- Other Related Sites:
Maison de Stuff
- Recent Entries:
Saturday in Abergavenny
London to Abergavenny
Bintang and Christmas Tree
Two Lunches and Jeeves and Wooster
Nyetimber at the Royal Exchange
Veuve Clicquot Extra Brut Extra Old
Canal Museum and Lunch with Mum
Pub Lunch at the KCI
Wrestlers and the Boot and Flogger
- [Sunday 10th December 2017]
Woke up in Abergavenny to quite a lot of snow! Consequently had to leave Abergavenny a bit earlier than originally planned for fear of getting stuck.
- Saturday in Abergavenny
- [Saturday 9th December 2017]
Went for a walk in search of snow in the morning, then spent the remainder of the day indoors with family at Vera and Robin's house.
- London to Abergavenny
- [Friday 8th December 2017]
Got the train from London to Abergavenny after Erika finished school.
- [Thursday 7th December]
- [Wednesday 6th December 2017]
Went to the Kerb steet food market in Kings Cross for lunch and was pleased to see a longer queue at the vegan stall than any of the others.
- [Tuesday 5th December 2017]
Had some Chianti with dinner.
- [Monday 4th December]
- [Sunday 3rd December 2017]
Wahaca for lunch.
- Winter Wonderland
- [Saturday 2nd December 2017]
Took Erika and her friend to Winter Wonderland.
- Holly Bush
- [Friday 1st December 2017]
Annual festive quaint pub outing (number 1 of 2 this year).
- Bintang and Christmas Tree
- [Thursday 30th November 2017]
Tried a pan-Asian place in Kentish Town for lunch - Bingtang. It was good. In the evening we put up our Christmas tree.
- [Wednesday 29th November]
- Lemon Curd
- [Tuesday 28th November 2017]
Erika discovered she quite likes lemon curd.
- [Monday 27th November]
- [Sunday 26th November 2017]
Spent the morning making a play house for Erika out of the cardboard box my picture frame had arrived in. Lunch at the Assembly House which inadvertantly meant we ended up watching some of a football match. To the garden centre after lunch to buy a couple of things to liven up the garden. In the evening went for visit local friends at their new house which they've just moved into.
- Two Lunches and Jeeves and Wooster
- [Saturday 25th November 2017]
Had two lunches, and picked up my set of Jeeves and Wooster DVDs which I then started binge watching.
- Picture Frame
- [Friday 24th November 2017]
Got the frame for my recently acquired piece of art.
- Nyetimber at the Royal Exchange
- [Thursday 23rd November 2017]
Pub lunch, then snuck out of work early to go and see Nyetimber's take over of the Royal Exchange.
- Windy Day
- [Wednesday 22nd November 2017]
Very windy today! Also on an unrelated note Indian food for lunch.
- [Tuesday 21st November]
- Veuve Clicquot Extra Brut Extra Old
- [Monday 20th November 2017]
Received two bottles of this in the post today.
- Hampstead Heath
- [Sunday 19th November 2017]
Hampstead Heath in the morning on a very pleasant Autumnal day, lunch at the Pineapple, then a birthday party in the early evening.
- Canal Museum and Lunch with Mum
- [Saturday 18th November 2017]
Brief visit from Mum in the morning, went to the Canal Museum then lunch in St Pancras. I had a bit of a wander round St. James's in the afternoon.
- [Friday 17th November 2017]
Received the piece of Denis Paul Noyer art in the post today.
- [Thursday 16th November 2017]
Erika playing on the trampoline.
- Gingerbread House
- [Wednesday 15th November 2017]
Made a gingerbread house in the evening.
- Pub Lunch at the KCI
- [Tuesday 14th November 2017]
Pub lunch at the King Charles I.
- [Monday 13th November 2017]
Some random pictures. Started to make the gingerbread house in the evening.
- Sunday Roast
- [Sunday 12th November 2017]
Made a Sunday roast for dinner. Read some Jeeves and Wooster.
- Wrestlers and the Boot and Flogger
- [Saturday 11th November 2017]
Lunch at the Wrestlers in Highgate, then headed down to Borough for some wine at the Boot and Flogger.